Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Everything is Illuminated (Everyone was Eliminated)

I wrote these lyrics in an hour after being told about the book and movie. I'm proud of them.
===
Everything is Illuminated (Movie Concept) by ddball

Tell me my love, did we hate before the war?/
Oh but my love, a war to end all wars/
Bright and brighter/
Before my childs face/
My grandfather fled there/

Ukraine was where they built a bomb?/
Oh but my love, a bomb ends all wars/
Bright and brighter/
Before my burning face/
My grandfather fled there/

And who was this girl?/
Who gave in her grace/
Who saved my grandfather/
Not of her race/
Everything is illuminated/
Everyone was eliminated/

Tell me my love, do dogs fight in wars?/
Do they protest an unpopular cause?/
Bright and brighter/
From my puppy eyes/
A photo, A girl's face/
My grandfather fled there/

Tell me my love, was this the land?/
Oh but my love, they lost their cause/
Bright and brighter/
Before her burning eyes/
My grandfather fled there/

And who was this girl?/
Who gave in her grace/
Who saved my grandfather/
Not of her race/
Everything is illuminated/
Everyone was eliminated/

Did you see my love, we found in that place/
Woah my love, the land gives pause/
Bright and brighter/
Before the burning graves/
Grandfather's saviour lies there/

And who was this girl?/
Who gave in her grace/
Who saved my grandfather/
Not of her race/
Everything is illuminated/
Everyone was eliminated/


Everything is illuminated/
Everyone was eliminated/

Everything is illuminated/
Everyone was eliminated/
===
In recent news, political commentator Farr barracks for the ALP with an apology for their policy backflips

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many of Labor's ideas are not policies
By Malcolm Farr
LABOR is issuing a mountain of what looks like policy and even feels like policy.

This product of ideas comes tumbling out as if there were a massive policy factory where squads of Labor geniuses are toiling non-stop under cruel WorkChoices conditions to provide the operating instructions for a Kevin Rudd Government.

There is one problem. A lot of those ideas are not policies - and when they are mistaken for them, Labor at times is not swift in pointing this out.

Yesterday party spokesman on federal-state relations Bob McMullan produced a plan to give premiers more say over the money they get from the Commonwealth.

It sure looked like a policy and Prime Minister John Howard treated it like one when he criticised it.

Mr McMullan had to differ. It was merely a recommendation from an ALP advisory group and a "catalyst for the debate that can lead to the reform".

Also yesterday, health spokeswoman Nicola Roxon was reported saying that, in government, Labor would crack down on foods promoted by cartoon characters to protect children from exploitation by heavy marketing of unhealthy foods.

That idea wasn't a policy either. It was merely a matter for consideration.

A few weeks ago Labor Leader Mr Rudd said the Fringe Benefits Tax might be changed to encourage employers to provide childcare facilities off-site. This was a subject for debate, Mr Rudd said, not an actual, real-life policy.

There are valid reasons why Labor puts out items that look like policies, feel like policies, but are something else.

In the case of the FBT proposal, Mr Rudd doesn't have the breakdown on tax payments and Treasurer Peter Costello won't give it to him.

However, there are other reasons for the policy simulacrums that have more to do with creating the perception that Labor is furiously punching out the solutions to voters' problems.

This could create the illusion that everything a Rudd Government might need is being prepared well ahead of time, when in fact Labor is merely running up the flag on a number of issues and seeing who clicks their heels.

DaoDDBall said...

So it is clear then, that the ALP have no policy.