Monday, November 19, 2007

Julia Gillard denies involvement in the waterfront dispute


On ABC Radio on 15 November 2007, Julia Gillard stated:-

"I remember the waterfront dispute...At the time, though, I was John Brumby's Chief of Staff. I obviously wasn't a lawyer for any of the parties involved in that dispute. I was working full time for John Brumby."

On 14 April 1998, Julia Gillard was outside the Old High Court building in Melbourne where several hearings in the waterfront dispute took place. She was with Josh Bornstein, a lawyer who was acting for the MUA.

After Bornstein entered the court building, Gillard distributed documents to assembled media representatives, including MUA legal documents relating to the waterfront dispute then before the courts.

For the full ABC Radio Transcript visit www.liberal.org.au
=====
I refuse to accept the circumstance I am in. I waited until after the state election to break my story which shines a bright light on corrupt activity within the NSW Dept. of Ed. I first brought my story to the new Minister, who gave a cursory investigation before ignoring it. I felt compelled to resign to bring my issue to the public. Media expressed an interest, then the Minister decided to reinvestigate and now I have been out of work for four months, have no income and do not qualify for unemployment benefits. Furthermore, after a second investigation, the Minister has decided to remain sitting on his hands. My local federal member told me that it was a pity I wasn’t a union member and local press claim they want to report the issues, but need to check with their legal divisions. I run out of my own money in January.

No comments: