Sunday, April 20, 2008

Promoting New Music Sunday 20th April

Ravens
Falling Into You, RAVENS
by Regoand Ravens
A while back Dani recorded the Celine Dion song "Falling Into You." Recently she asked me to record something real slow with my tenor sax with no backing. I had never heard the Dion song before. She sent me this song within the last 30 minutes. It is amazing how she snipped her recording, inserted my sax tract, and came up with this outstanding production. The key and tempo is perfect. I do believe she be a magician....

===
Jam
the fable 2 jaaaaaaaaaaaam
by randolf and dirigent
ok well r@fl it's time to to take your medicine

or less of it in future, i forget which

lmoa, owwww it hurts it hurts

"fable 2, where are you?"
vox & lyrics: me
back-up & re-mastery: dirigent

the thing about the professor is he's a choirmaster so i do my best to be a good choirboy and practice every night. sometimes i send him my progress mp3s and he surprises me with a remix. he can do things with soundsoap you wouldn't believe. sometimes we swap roles.

you will be unable to prevent yourself from imagining us doing this live at an underground nightclub in east berlin.

anyway the main thing is i've got the lyrics out there for covers. if you own a copy of fable, black & white, the movies or any other swell lionhead/microsoft game product, join me in sending peter molyneux some bittersweet love.

the song actually wants to be straightforward radio-friendly guitar rock in an american accent, like blink 182. honest. the voices tell me these things, depending on my chemical balance right.:p
===
SHOULDER
by theVirtuals, Toni1, that80sboy, DLB, AshleyBeanHead, james.moore, lupiroz and macoco

This is the first song by the Virtuals and there's more to come!
Vocals = Toni1
Bass = macoco
guitars = dlb/lupiroz
keys = that80sboy
drums = james.moore
song by = lupiroz
lyrics = dlb
===
Android
La Nuit
by dirigent and DanielLambert

A post-triphop-ballad
Instrumental music and mix: Daniel Lambert
Vocal music: Dirigent
===
Guitar
Too Long to Wait
by DLB and rsorensen

This is the 2nd collab' we've done and we're both really pleased with the results, hope you all like it!

rsorensen = Vocals/Lyrics
dlb = Music/Production
===
Duo
Break Out and Cry
by Sloparts
In my Bio I mentioned that I was part of a duet for a time and I thought it might be nice to post another sample of our work. The duet was called Scott & Walker and included a young man named Brian Scott and yours truly. I took the stage name of Walker because my last name can be hard for some people to pronounce, and it seemed to flow better when trying to introduce ourselves to new venues.

So reaching back into the past I've brought you the dynamic duo of Scott & Walker. I hope you enjoy the show.

Ed
===
Daughters drawing
Lippedy Spit
by jdwyer05, pancake, RayLaVeau, naz_drummr, plexaura and enicholsIC
Ladies and Gentlemen,

May I proudly present my latest collaborative effort, "Lippedy Spit."
It started with a loose sketch with guitar loops from Ed, then some wicked bass from Plexaura, some kickin' drums from naz_drummr, some more guitar wizardry from Ed, some excellent and necessary input from BossHook, a killer solo from RayLaVeau, and then some awesome keyboards from Pancake to make sure all the holes are filled.
It was a great project to undertake with musicians like these whom I am privileged to call friends.
The players are:
enicholsIC: sizzlin' lead and rhythm guitars
RayLaVeau: slammin' lead guitar
Plexaura: wicked' bass
Pancake: chillin' organ and synthesizers
naz_drummr: kickin' drums
Me: emails, pleading and other irritations.
Much kudos to Plexaura for the killer bass on this one. If it weren't for his artistic insight, this tune would never have the killer "oomph!" that it needed. Thanks for your input and your foresight, my friend!
Ed, what can I say? Thanks for your gift of music and your willingness to let me take some of your work and muck around with it.
Ray, thanks is not enough. Thanks for being there my friend.
Scott, you're a gentleman and a star. Thanks for your patience with me and my demands.
Sebastian, we have never met or even chatted, but thank you so much for your willingness to take a chance with someone you never even knew.

A special thank you to the one and only BossHook for your great input.

Gents, I do hope we'll make it a habit to do some more together! I know I'm slow, but hopefully I can do some more in less time...

SO TURN IT UP LOUD AND ENJOY!!

About the artwork:
The illustration and title are the gifts of my 5-year old daughter, Abby. All I did was embellish it a bit. She's the joy of my life, and a great inspiration to me every day.

For more information on the song and the creative process, please see my blog. It's way too long to re-tell here

©Copyright 2008. Julian Dwyer, Ed Nicholson, Herman Wirshing, Ray La Veau, Scott Lyons and Sebastian Gray. All rights reserved.
Artwork ©Copyright 2008. Abagail Dwyer. Julian Dwyer. Dwyer Design Group. All rights reserved.
No part of this recording or artwork may be reproduced without the expressed written consent of the artists.
===
Trinca
TRINCA
by RAMZAR and SELES
DEDICATED To RINCA

ANTO: Charvel + POD line6
ME: FruityLoops
===
idramante
strade
by idramante
a night after raining in some empty street...
A magnificent Italian band, a new addition to Icompositions.com

No comments: