Friday, May 16, 2008

Promoting New Music Freya Day 16th May

Beautiful Sunset
We Find A Way
by easyesteemer and Storkaas

Just a little vocal and lyric I made with storkaas's tune
===
you're pitiful [video]
by randolf and PeteFalck

speaks for itself. pete is blameless in this scenario. For James Blunt fans with a sense of humor.
===
Casting Off (Youkali demo)
by becwil and Mojomatic

This is the fourteenth, and last, demo piece of our Youkali series. To briefly describe our project, Steven has written 12 poems that form a story of a wistful surreal love affair. There are 14 tunes altogether. The goal is to publish the cycle as a book including a CD of the readings with music.

Here we are, at the end, at least for the demo portion of the trip. Steven mostly let me have free rein on where this piece went. I thought, since it's the wrap-up of the whole series, I'd do a reprise of the opening tune with a bit more calm grandeur feel applied.

You'll notice that I've changed some of the voicing on some of the instruments as compared to Overture. In fact, Overture now has a few of these same voices, as well as a new title, Washed Ashore. Much of the original demos early in the series have changed by now.

Casting Off is the end, though a continuation of the dream, always hoping for the revisit of that mysterious affair just past and undone.

Steven says: It is interesting to hear how things have indeed changed by the time we got to this last piece. Thanks to the feedback from many of you, and also to constant relistening and revising on Rebecca's part, much of the music has been refined (and will probably continue to be). The fact that Rebecca wanted to have opening and closing pieces clued me in that she was very much taking a personal stake in this project. As I have listened to the entire 14 pieces of our cycle many times, I am constantly amazed and heartened to hear just how well the music carries and colors the narrative of the poems. The idea for having an echo of text at the end was mine, but Rebecca decided to do me one better by adding her own voice too.

As usual, please critique. We do want critical feedback. Thank you.

Steven Mayoff (Mojomatic): harmonica, voice
Rebecca Williams (becwil): guitar, voice, music, mixing

Previously released demos of Searching for Youkali:
Overture
Searching For Youkali
Midnight on the Youkali Express
Youkali Hotel, Room 1308
Urban Idyll
Room Service
Thief
Flesh Museum
Checkout
Crossing
Youkali In Flames
Internet Youkali
Lullaby

Read more about this collaboration here.
===
Beautiful Sunset
Istanbul
by ShadowofNine

Wonderful authentic Turkish strings...

Hope you like Istanbul
===
Beautiful Sunset
Bora Bora
by Narananda

A slight dream
===
Beautiful Sunset
behind the hills [just for o0o]
by randolf, vegetal, o0o and amateurpro

i hope i've credited everybody - i think it went amateurpro > vegetal > o0o.

o0o it was who wrote the fantastic lyrics and renamed it from Resolute to Just for You [Behind the Hills]... and sung the siren song that called me to try it myself...

if you don't know it, listen to his version. it's a classic.

this is my "postmodern" massacremix & singalong, hope no one is offended. the picture is what it reminds me of. i flooded my apartment while recording this and got a chemical burn on my fingers while prepping for upload, just now burned my dinner and other hand while typing this, maybe it's too hot to touch or cursed by an ancient indian burial ground, perhaps you better not listen just in case... ;p

with love
===
Beautiful Sunset
Oziur - I Love The God In You
by o0o and Ziur

"Expanded" to I Love The God In You!

I hope you enjoy... I do! A lot!

My deepest gratitude towards Ziur for delivering a beautiful instrumental piece and trusting me to add to it.
Thank you André

Have a nice Weekend

Music: Ziur
Vox & Lyrics: o0o
===
Beautiful Sunset
Orpheus
by Narananda
===
Beautiful Sunset
and that's how I escaped my certain fate
by PowerMatt

A song by Mission of Burma that I took the punk angst out of and mellowed significantly. A song about saying farewell...

This track was quickly done today as a demo for my band. We used to do this in the key of B and now we do it in F#.

We might play it at our next gig on the 31st... who knows?
===
Beautiful Sunset
R.I.P. (tribute to Jimmy Mizen)
by DLB, amateurpro, vegetal and AshleyBeanHead
This song is dedicated to Jimmy Mizen. He was horrifically murdered on 10May08. He had just turned 16 and was on his way to a shop to buy his first lottery ticket, on the way he popped into a baker's shop for something to eat when an older youth picked a fight with him, Jimmy tried to avoid the conflict. Jimmy was stabbed in the neck with a piece of glass. He died as his older brother held him in his arms. Jimmy was a very tall young man 6' 4" and a committed christian, he was the 13th teenager murdered in London so far this year.
Vegetal = original composition
Amateurpro = Piano
Ashleybeanhead = production/mix/effects
dlb= lyrics/vocals/guitar/bass/drums/strings

original track "Whisper"

No comments: