Monday, August 11, 2008

Promoting New Music Moon's Day 11th August

Beautiful Sunset
Come eravamo (how we were)
by fromano, ohlanda and k6

Most of my songs come out from experiments: sometimes I'm checking a new guitar/bass/plugin/whatever and inspiration gets in the way..
A couple of months ago I was tryin' to understand the misteries of UltraBeat (Logic's drum machine plugin), and this strange beat came out... it was a little electronica, but I kinda liked it, so I started improvising on the piano and half an hour later the basetrack of this song was ready. I sent it to Umberto (Ohlanda) for our usul "what would you do with this?" game, and 2 hours later he had written these lyrics!!
Well, he's a poet, and prolly one of the best italian lyrics writers around, but honestly I didn't expect him to write such a beauty in such a short time.
Later on, I sent this to my good friend Jere (K6), and he unexpectedly sent me back a classical guitar track he had recorded improvising over this, and it was soooo good. Wow, I love when these things happen spontaneously... Thanks a lot Jere.
OK, OK, I'll cut it short...
Lyrics are in italian, but you'll find a terrible translation in the Lyrics box, along with the original text.
I hope you'll like this as much as I do, mates.

Hugz
Fulvio

Ohlanda : Lyrics
K6 : Classical guitar
Fromano : everything else

No comments: