Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Holy Holy

Holy Holy

Music and lyrics by Jimmy Owens.
Some Christians are either intensely private .. or very mercenary. I can't tell you anything about Jimmy, except I found this lovely devotional in 'Ring of Praise' a Sydney based Anglican published booklet.

Thanks to George Peter Tingley adding to Messenger Boys work on Icompositions.
===
The video is also here
===
GPT wrote
Hearing MessengerBoy's heartfelt rendition of HOLY, HOLY has flooded me with memories of those wonderfully idealistic times called the 60's. Oh yes, I was there: I was the one hiding behind the pillar at that Catholic folk mass playing amplified bass. Bass and nine other tracks have been added to this recording including the inevitable tambourine - you know that instrument invariably put in the hands of someone who could not keep time. And flute - always played by some impossibly pretty, underaged blonde with freckles. Now back to more churchly thoughts. Enjoy!

No comments: