Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Why Che Was a Monster




===
DanceGabrielDance
i watched all your videos about che. and i admit you've certainly educated yourself on the topic. but i want to ask, if you know everything you do about che, how can you possibly consider him a monster? are you a capitalist? religious? that would explain a lot.

My take on Che was formed in ignorance. I knew of the t shirts and the slogan "vive la 'revoluciane" (apologies, I don't know the latinate spelling). I wanted to know what was behind it, and so I did some reading. Much of what is written favors him, but didn't give reasons for the support, so I started the doco trying to figure out what it was that he did that deserved the accolades. I found nothing. He had a handsome face, but his actions were no different from a monster. I feel pity for his victims, many of whom are today abused because they were his victims, not because they had done anything wrong. Maybe Che meant well, but good intentions do not excuse monstrous actions. - ed.

No comments: