Tuesday, May 03, 2011

US Campaign for Burma Arrest Yourself Campaign


My name is Myo Myint. As a former Burmese soldier, a political prisoner and a democracy activist, I come to you with a request to help secure the immediate and unconditional release of Burma's 2,073 political prisoners by hosting an Arrest Yourself event with the U.S. Campaign for Burma.

Recently, I was featured in a documentary film, Burma Soldier. This film shares my journey from an army man on the battlefield where I lost my leg and my arm to democracy activist and later a political prisoner as I endured 15 years of imprisonment inside one of the world's most brutal prisons. Watch the trailer of the film here.

On May 18, 2011, Burma Soldier will premiere on HBO2. I believe the premier of Burma Soldier is an excellent opportunity to host an Arrest Yourself event and invite your friends and family to experience the film together. There will be additional showings of the documentary on HBO2, so I hope that you will be able to host an Arrest Yourself event on one of these occasions:

Showtimes for Burma Soldier:

HBO 2 - May 18, 2011 - 8-9:15PM (ET)
HBO 2 - May 27, 2011 - 11-12:15PM (ET)
HBO 2 - May 31, 2011 - 2:15-3:30PM (ET)
HBO 2 - June 5, 2011 - 3:30-4:40PM (ET)

I encourage you to host an Arrest Yourself event to raise critical awareness about Burma's 2,073 political prisoners. The funds that you raise for the U.S. Campaign for Burma fuel their advocacy work to pressure the U.S. and the international community to ensure that Burma's political prisoners are not forgotten, as wanted by the military regime.

I hope that you will join the U.S. Campaign for Burma and me in our efforts to free Burma's 2,073 political prisoners.

Thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Myo Myint

No comments: